Monday, July 5, 2010

My Most Anticipated Films of 2010

I've realized that Youtube videos have become commonplace in my blog. I hope this hasn't been a turnoff to any of you who prefer the purity of the written word. I intend to write more video-less blogs in the future, but for today's purposes, I'm turning to Youtube yet again.
Also, it has been a couple of weeks since my last post. My apologies. Cookouts, laziness, excuses, etc etc...


There are three movies that I am really looking forward to this year. There is one that I'm just looking forward to (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1). Here are the three.

#1 Inception (July 16) Directed by Christopher Nolan and Starring Leonardo Dicaprio and Ellen Page
Here is the trailer



What I like about this before even watching the trailer is that Christopher Nolan is at the helm. Can you say, Dark Knight? The director of both incredible Batman films, and The Prestige has certainly gained my trust. He has proven himself to be an intelligent and competent filmmaker. Beyond the credentials, this trailer really has me excited for the finished product. The subject of dreams is of great interest to me. And there is also some kind of love story between Leo and that woman from that Russel Crowe movie where he moves into an old french house. It looks like The Matrix meets The Dark Knight with a very good cast. Mystery, suspense, romance, action and people floating upside down! I'm psyched.



#2 Scott Pilgrim Vs the World Directed by Edgar Wright and Starring Michael Cera and Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Here's the trailer




Honestly, if Edgar Wright wasn't directing this, I would probably not be looking forward to it this much. But, Edgar Wright is directing it. He is behind both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Now, also behind these films is Simon Pegg, who starred in both. Simon Pegg is not in Scott Pilgrim. Basically, I'm mostly going on faith. I have faith in Edgar Wright so I have faith in Scott Pilgrim.
Michael Cera is starting to annoy some people. He isn't annoying me yet, but I do have a sense that this movie will make or break him in my book. He has a tendency to play that quirky, quick witted lovable goofball that quirky outcast girls seem to like. I don't think it is wrong to say that he has played himself in pretty much every movie he has been in. I want to like him. But he's skating on thin ice.
I'm liking the style of the film. That comic book, video game, over the top thing. We'll see. I'm looking forward to it. But I have my reservations. I predict it will be polarizing.


#3 Tron: Legacy Directed by Joseph Kosinski and Starring Jeff Bridges and John Hurt
Here's the trailer





Unlike the other two films, Tron: Legacy is sold purely on the trailer. I don't know about the director and I'm not a huge Jeff Bridges fan (I like him, but I've never seen a movie because of him). I also have never seen the original, though I plan to soon. I just really like this trailer. It's so cool. That's it.


Hopefully these films will live up to my expectations.

2 comments:

  1. I also want to see Inception for all the reasons you mentioned. I hope we're not disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toy Story 3 - best movie of the year. Add that to your list.

    ReplyDelete